Track open for practice Friday evening
CONCORD, N.C. – World Karting Association officials have opted to make a change to the schedule of next weekend’s Briggs & Stratton Racing Dirt Summer Nationals at Wheel Crazy Kartway in Johnsonville, South Carolina.
The show was originally schedule July 19-21 as a traditional WKA Friday, Saturday, Sunday program with between 13 and 17 classes running each day. The track would be open for parking and registration Friday, but no on-track activity until Saturday morning.
WKA has changed the format to a Friday, Saturday program, July 19-20 only, leaving Sunday open for teams to travel home or perhaps make a run to the nearby Atlantic coast.
Wheel Crazy Kartway gates will open at noon Friday, as originally scheduled, and practice will be offered Friday evening beginning at approximately 6 p.m. until dark.
Friday practice is only $20 per driver.
Saturday will be the lone day for racing. Two segments will be run after morning practice. Segment one will consist of qualifying and main events for 13 classes, mostly Clone-powered divisions.
A short break will ensue at the end of segment one. Segment two will consist of one round of practice, qualifying and main events for 15 Animal-powered divisions, except Pro Super Heavy, which is open to Animals and Clones.
Officials are confident racing can move at a respectable pace, with necessary breaks, and still be able to conclude at a respectable hour Saturday night.
The Briggs & Stratton Summer Nationals entry form has been updated to reflect the schedule change.
Click here to view and print the entry form. Pre-registration closes THIS FRIDAY, July 12.
WKA asks competitors to keep in mind the following items regarding this event.
- Maxxis tire rule
- Limited Modified is flathead only at .080 bore maximum. No muffler; open pipe.
- Drivers must enter one trophy class for each Pro class.
- $5,000 To Win Pro Animal, sponsored by Charger Racing Chassis
- $2,500 To Win Pro Limited Modified, sponsored by Ultramax Racing Chassis
- $1,000 To Win Pro Clone, sponsored by Phantom Racing Chassis
- $1,000 To Win Shane Byers Memorial Pro Gold, sponsored by Platinum Racing Chassis
- $1,000 To Win Pro Super Heavy
- $500 To Win Pro Junior 1; Pro Junior 2; Pro Senior Champ
- Gold anodized MCP Brakes Mini-Lite caliper kit to winner of Junior 1 Heavy, Junior 2 Heavy and Junior 3 Heavy.
- Silver-anodized MCRP Brakes Mini-Lite caliper kit to second-place in Junior 1 Heavy, Junior 2 Heavy and Junior 3 Heavy.