DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The 2012 WKA Membership Meeting will take place on Thursday, December 27 at the Daytona International Speedway Media Center, which is next to the Fan Zone in the infield near the start/finish line of the superspeedway.
The meeting will begin at 4 p.m.
The meeting agenda will include:
- A presentation by WKA President Rick Dresang on the state of the Association
- A discussion of proposals for reorganizing WKA to make it more efficient and effective and to better respond to membership requirements
- A Question and Answer session with the WKA Officers and Trustees present
The meeting will also provide an opportunity for members to cast their vote for two proposed Code of Regulations changes. In summary these two Code of Regulations proposals will:
- Allow WKA Master Members to nominate and vote for Trustees and to vote on Code of Regulations amendments by electronic ballot as well as mail. The objective of this change is to provide more voting options for our Master Members and increase participation.
- Allow WKA Trustees to approve meeting minutes and vote on motions by electronic ballot. The objective is to take advantage of the latest information technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.