West-Coast Programs Opens its Second Season at All Star Karting Facility
CONCORD, N.C. – After a successful initial year in 2012, the WKA West Super Series returns for its second season this weekend to the famed All-Star Karting facility in Prairie City, California.
Series organizers, acting off great momentum from a very popular first year, are excited to mirror the same tracks for a seven-race program again in 2013.
Seven dates will once again make up the calendar for the series’ sophomore season, which will bring back series sponsors, Bridgestone, RLV, and Grand Products, along with classes that are sure to suit any karter.
As was the case in 2012, official practice dates, pit parking, and registration for each round will be held the day prior to each Sunday race day.
- March 17 – Prairie City, CA; hosted by All-Star Karting
- April 21 – Dixon, CA; hosted by the Kinsmen Kart Club
- May 19 – Atwater, CA; hosted by the Atwater Kart Club
- June 23 – Reno, NV; hosted by the Northern Nevada Kart Club
- The Series will take July off to give the karters a break
- August 25 – Monterey, CA; hosted by the Monterey Bay Karters
- September 22 – Davis, CA; hosted by the Blue Max Kart Club
- October 20 – Stockton, CA; hosted by the Little Stockton 99 Speedway
Classes for the 2013 campaign will spread all age categories once again, as well as consist of both two and four cycle machines, all running on Bridgestone rubber.
Returning deadline classes on the 2-cycle side will be the RLV-supported PRD Spec Senior, while for Box Stock Clone Senior will head up the 4-cycle program. Other classes offered for 2013 will be Kid Kart, Comer Junior 1, KPV Juniors 1 and 2, TAG, Shifter categories and Clone Junior Categories.
Like last year, West Series points will be posted on the WKA website. WKA currently is working on a 2013 season entry form and a web page devoted to the series.
Additional series and other information can be found on the WorldKarting.com.