For the first time ever, the annual World Karting Association (WKA) Tech Manual is set to go digital. A group decision made by WKA Staff and Trustees, the new 2023 rule book will be housed online. This new platform will be a password protected access system and provide huge benefits to WKA advertisers. Printing nearly 3000 copies of the Tech Manual each year, the digital version will encompass many benefits for the series, competitor, team, and advertiser.
“We have worked hard to put together the concept of our online Tech Manual and are confident in the huge advantages that it will bring,” explained WKA President Kevin Williams. “With a new world on handheld devices, computers and digital platforms nearly every hour of the day, this is a better way for us to get into the hands of our end users and provide accessibility in the home, office and racetrack.”
While teams and competitors will have the new WKA Digital Tech Manual at their fingertips, advertisers have direct access to customers throughout North America. Optimized for both web and mobile versions, the digital version will be available on all types of phones, computers and tablets.
Williams continued, “Advertisers will be able to change their ads within the Tech Manual and it is interactive so all ads can be linked directly to an email address, website, or social media channel. Targeting your customer or providing an event specific ad has never been easier.”
Additional benefits of the new WKA Digital Tech Manual include:
- The WKA Tech Manual will be an interactive document and will not be just a PDF on a website like all the others.
- Advertisers can have quick click links to their website, email, and/or social media channels.
- WKA’s Tech Manual is the only 50+ year perpetual rulebook in Karting, used by Karters, Tracks and Clubs around the country, not just WKA Events.
- Advertisers will have access to traffic stats from their ads.
- Advertisers can change their ad up to three times per year, at any time, allowing for seasonal or “special” and even event specific ads.
- Users can click right to an ad, or a page, or a rule from the table of contents.
With the WKA Daytona Kartweek just over four months away, staff are hard at work combing through the rule book to prepare for the 2023 season. With the build of the new WKA Digital Tech Manual beginning in late September, deadline for online advertisements will be set at September 30, 2022.
The pricing for WKA Digital Tech Manual ads has been set at:
- Full Page, Full Color Ad, $500, with three changes per year allowed
- Half Page, Full Color Ad, $350, with one change per year allowed
For more information on the WKA Digital Tech Manual and information on how to advertise, please contact Marie@worldkarting.com or Kevin@worldkarting.com.
For more information on the World Karting Association, please contact Mike Tetreault at Mike@worldkarting.com or by phone to 609.326.3741.