CONCORD, NC - Although still reviewing a few rules, the Trustees held their annual face-to-face meeting to review the regulations in the WKA Tech Manual for 2019. The intention is to get the book out earlier than in past years, as a benefit to the members.
Here are some of the highlights that will take affect in 2019:
- 2019 Manufacturers Cup Dates, Venues, and Classes
- Kid Karts have been added to Daytona
- More flexible event requirements and points structure for Manufacturers Cup
- Revise Camera Mounting Regulations on Karts to help racers
- Addition of the Push-Back Bumpers in Manufacturers Cup
- Clearer definition of Competition Age
- Clearer definition of some Road Race Classes
- Much more...
These regulation changes were reviewed and updated solely to benefit the racers, and make the Tech Manual more understandable and easier to follow. Check back over the next couple of weeks for final 2019 Tech Manual updates as the Committees and Trustees continue to make WKA better for its members.
The meeting minutes have been posted to the documents page on the WKA website. To access and read them now, click the button below: