As the calendar flips through the middle of September, there are less than four months until the annual World Karting Association (WKA) Daytona Kartweek. While finishing touches are being put on all programs for the December 27-30 event, reserved number and sponsor garage requests are set to open tomorrow, September 15.
“We always look forward to our pinnacle event and this year is no different,” expressed WKA President Kevin Williams. “It takes a lot of effort, planning and a big undertaking to put on an event of this magnitude so the earlier we can get started, the better. We have bigger and better plans for the 2022 edition of the event and the earlier we start, the better prepared we will be.”
- There is just one set of reserved numbers for all Road Race Karts- numbers 2-400, eliminating the possibility for duplicate numbers to be run in the same race.
- Competitors have until November 1, 2022 to reserve the same number(s) you had in 2022.
- After November 6, 2022, all remaining unreserved numbers will be on a first come first serve basis. Please note these numbers are good at any race where WKA is the promoter.
- Click HERE to reserve your numbers.
Daytona Garage Reservations:
- To accommodate as many requests as possible, we are releasing the following guidelines for Daytona Garages:
- Road Race Sponsors: If you are a sponsor for the 2023 Racing Season, you will have first right to reserve a garage.
- This sponsor window will be open from September 15 until midnight on September 29. Limit two garages per sponsor.
- The price this year for sponsors is $175 for your first garage and $225 for the second garage.
- Beginning October 1, garage reservations will be open to all on a first come, first serve basis. The price is $225 per garage. Limit two garages per entrant.
All requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone requests will not be accepted. Each email will be dated, and time referenced. Please include in your email any preference for a specific garage or garage area. We will try to accommodate. Payment will be expected when you receive confirmation via email of an assigned garage.
For more information on the World Karting Association, please contact Mike Tetreault at Mike@worldkarting.com or by phone to 609.326.3741.