TM Update 2021-005
May 14, 2021
The following Tech Updates were approved by the Board of Trustees, and are effective immediately.
The following is an update to the 2021/2022 WKA Tech Manual, section 802 – National Points Provisions – Road Race.
802 NATIONAL POINTS PROVISIONS – ROAD RACE
802.1 NATIONAL ROAD RACING
The 2021 WKA National Road Racing Schedule is made up of seven (7) events.:
- Daytona Kartweek, December 25-30, 2020
- Roebling Road, March 5-7, 2021
- WKA Charlotte Karting Challenge, April 16-18, 2021
- World Wide Technology Raceway, May 7-9, 2021
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, June 18-20, 2021
- US Karting Grand Prix, Utah, July 23-25, 2021
- Pitt Race Complex, September 24-26, 2021
A competitor must compete in a minimum of four (4) events to be eligible to receive year-end awards.
802.1.2 NATIONAL ROAD RACE YEAR-END AWARDS PROVISIONS
For classes with only one scheduled race each event, the best five (5) finishes are counted towards year-end awards. For classes with Final 1 and Final 2 scheduled races each event, the best 10 finishes combined out of all Final 1 and Final 2 class scheduled races are counted towards year-end awards.