Building momentum from Daytona KartWeek, the World Karting Association (WKA) Vega Cup Pavement series is primed and ready for their first event in 18 years. Set to return to the famed Charlotte Motor Speedway, the Vega Cup Pavement series will take to the Infield Front Stretch Oval at the Concord, North Carolina facility.
“We are happy to return to Charlotte for the first time since 2003,” explained WKA’s Chairman of the Board, Mike Tetreault. “We can’t wait to get back on track. We have a lot of information on the horizon, and we know many racers are very excited for the return of Speedway Pavement action.”
Vega Cup Pavement Series Fast Facts:
- Open practice will take place Friday, March 5th from Noon until 5pm. Practice vouchers/passes will be sold at wrist band sales.
- Event Wrist Band – Two Days – March 5th and 6th – $30
- Event Wrist Band – One Day – March 6th – $20
- WKA Membership is required or for this event – non-members can purchase a temporary membership for $15
- No restriction on tire usage for support classes
- Spec Tire: Vega Yellow
- 800-6 (Thick)
The Vega Cup Pro Junior (50 Laps) and Vega Cup All Pro (100 Laps) will be the feature classes of the event weekend and will be required to purchase one set of tires at the track with drivers’ option to purchase a second set.
Pit requests and sponsorship opportunities to utilize the NASCAR garages will be open next week and information will be communicated through the WKA website and social media pages.
Vega Cup Pavement Series Links:
For more information on the World Karting Association, please contact Mike Tetreault at Mike@worldkarting.com or by phone to 609.326.3741. Additional information can be found at www.worldkarting.com.